• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Hurricane Fiona

autumnwalker

All pretty good here in Lucasville.  No main power but we have a good sized generator.  And we are on city water so no disruptions there.

We have Bell Fibreop cable and Internet, so we power the ‘cable box’ and the TV, and we are good-to-go.  The only main thing not on the gennie is the electric hot water heater..  but we are working to change that before the next storm.

Raked the few leaves and twigs up..

👍

Successfully used the winch on the Jeep to yank a stump out of the ground and pull another tree into a better position to be broken down. It fell over into a bunch of other trees and yanked the root ball with it. So I righted it and then "over pulled" it so it fell the other way so that I could more easily cut it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

Successfully used the winch on the Jeep to yank a stump out of the ground and pull another tree into a better position to be broken down. It fell over into a bunch of other trees and yanked the root ball with it. So I righted it and then "over pulled" it so it fell the other way so that I could more easily cut it.

Pics or it didn’t happen, lol.  👍

11 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Pics or it didn’t happen, lol.  👍

This is my current biggest regret in life ... I didn't get the phone out to take pics. I still have one stump to pull so perhaps I'll remember to get a pic / video of that action.

The full tree would have been something to watch I think - about 10 feet in diameter and about 20 - 25 feet tall. Yanked it up and over like nothing with the loose rootball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

One camper trailer blown over across the field at the cottage.  A mobile home around the bend rolled several times.  And one camper at the ocean’s edge atop a 10 foot bank blown over as well.  Other folks down the shore a few miles, not so lucky.

Our unit it’s several hundred feet from the ocean’s edge.

AA67BD28-8631-48F7-9878-ACC54CB68C20.thumb.jpeg.0c277d0e14c68598b5d2a4c60081dcac.jpeg

4412459D-D87D-41CB-B05A-EDE91061F6B1.thumb.jpeg.53394ce1e02f549493b7afb3278ee6f7.jpeg