• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Lightning Spotted!

sar4x4

Sweet!! If I wasn't having such a bad experience with Ford right now that would be my next truck. I figure in a couple of years they will 1) be more affordable and 2) be more available.

The new Silverado EV looks like an Avalanche (which I'm not a fan of) and the RAM they have been teasing looks like an El Cameno or some truck / car thing. I just want a normal pickup truck with electric motors.

Actually - I just read a review from MotorTrend that towing an 8,000 lb trailer the Lightning could only go about 90 miles. That's WELL under what was being reported when it was first being tested. It was suggested 400+ KM with a trailer and 600+ unloaded IIRC.

I will bide my time lol.

• Haha 1

One of the guys at Rally running a solar business owns this, Stephen Vezina. Its a wicked truck but yeah that towing ability really kills the mileage on all the EV trucks. Also with the **** we are dealing with our Fords I probably won't buy one again

11 hours ago, TomWood said:

One of the guys at Rally running a solar business owns this, Stephen Vezina. Its a wicked truck but yeah that towing ability really kills the mileage on all the EV trucks. Also with the **** we are dealing with our Fords I probably won't buy one again

Deets on the ****? Mine is also ****. Compare notes?

For funsies - my brand new currently 8,000 km truck has been in the shop for two weeks now while they repair body damage from mis-aligned body panels and replace the transmission (although they are saying it may be the PCM, not the trans now).

Total time in shop now is well over a month since I bought it in January.

Mine has been in the shop 5 months of the past year. Currently transmission issues like yours, they have done the PCM reset and now there is a TSB that will be completed. Tabs brand new mustang with 19000km has scalloped tires and they say nothing is wrong with the car, so we have to buy new tires.....something sketchy there. I have some misaligned panels but nothing big like that at the moment. 

• Sad 1