• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Various Square D Plug on Neutral (PON) Loadcentres by Schneider Electric recalled due to potential fire hazard

autumnwalker

Take a look at this recall from Schneider Electric / Square D. 

Various Square D Plug on Neutral (PON) Loadcentres by Schneider Electric recalled due to potential fire hazard - Canada.ca

Product Safety Alert: QO™ Plug-on-Neutral Load Centers | Schneider Electric USA (se.com)

How to tell is confusing and some of the labels are inside your panel - don't remove your panel cover unless you are a qualified electrician!

This link gives you some things to check including a good set of clues by simply opening the door and checking the labels above your "directory label".

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=PRB-236759-FAQs

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

In Nova Scotia Engineering Terminology/ Regulations I’ve seen the term ‘qualified person’.  I hope that applies here as well.  🤷‍♂️  I’ve had the electrical panel cover off recently adding a couple of circuits… dedicated to outdoor plugs and a sunroom circuit at the cottage.  (The outdoor plugs are GFI as well.)

👍