• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Parkmoor Trail - would this be easy enough for me to handle solo with a stock Rubicon?

cinosa

Hmm.  ‘All trails’ also lists it as 4x4.  I used to know that area well enough.  I’ve never been on that trail though!  I tend to travel larger logging type roads, especially during our current weather and ground cover conditions.  But remember, my trail rig is rather large for turning around in tight spots. 🤷‍♂️  My thoughts would be drive out and walk it first.  If it’s narrow and downhill, you may not be able to get back out.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I don't do FB, deleted my account at the end of 2019, zero intention of re-opening it. That said, I took a drive out there and got maybe 100m in before I chickened out and turned around. It's 5.2km's long, so walking it isn't exactly an easy task, lol. Not only that, because I'm brand new to offroading, I have no idea what I'd need to look for to consider it as "safe" to do solo or not, hence me asking here.

• Like 1

I will post a good trail for you (I hope). Can you accept a .gpx format?  Or just want a screenshot? 
It’s one of my favourites.  Wide scenic logging road but likely snow covered atm.  And on the edge of a ‘zillion’ kms of more logging roads.  All within 1/2 hr of Hfx.  👍
With cell coverage, and a safe road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1