• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

My adventures of getting and KEEPING a wheeler

Powerram

More boxes...and expensive.  Since the transmission I'll be using is hooked to a 360 v8 and I'm putting it behind the cummins, some changes need to be made. The input shaft will need to be replaced with a larger unit to mate to the bigger clutch. the inputshaft housing and bearing retainer needs changed to match the large input.  the bellhousing needs to be changed from the small block dodge to the cummins, so advance adaptors makes a replacement bellhousing for this and the nessary pieces are included with the bellhousing. the clutch kit and new flywheel is in this pile too. 

20220330_083955.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Powerram said:

…advance adaptors makes a replacement bellhousing for this and the nessary pieces are included with the bellhousing. the clutch kit and new flywheel is in this pile too. 

20220330_083955.jpg

Wow, quite a treasure pile!  Advance Adapters!  I’ve never known someone to need their stuff!  What a beast she will be!  👍🤪👌

20 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Wow, quite a treasure pile!  Advance Adapters!  I’ve never known someone to need their stuff!  What a beast she will be!  👍🤪👌

Only reason I went with advance adapters, is they offer a new factory replacement piece, for the same price that I can get one used . And the people who are selling them used seem to think there is a pot of gold hidden in them or something.  So far I'm into new parts for $1800. There are a couple other new items not shown. Busy helping a friend move that sold his house, so progress will pick up on the weekend.

18 hours ago, TomWood said:

Nothing better than parts arriving 🙂 

Hmm.......I'll think on that hahah

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Powerram said:

Only reason I went with advance adapters, is they offer a new factory replacement piece, for the same price that I can get one used . And the people who are selling them used seem to think there is a pot of gold hidden in them or something.  So far I'm into new parts for $1800. There are a couple other new items not shown. Busy helping a friend move that sold his house, so progress will pick up on the weekend.

Hmm.......I'll think on that hahah

I kid you not - I have brand new specialty parts sitting on the shelf, for 10 years now.  Not installed yet.  It was fun getting them.  It will be fun installing them too!  lol 😂 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, autumnwalker said:

Wow, what a difference! What do you use for painting this sort of thing now?

POR 15, usually, but will probably go a different route on this one,  Going to try the rust reformer and paint over that with the surplus of gloss black paint I have. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update on the Ramcharger, This is the last pic in it's current form, currently getting some upper bodywork done , and paint. Getting the roof blasted , and repainted as well as the hood and everything above the upper chrome trim line

IMG_20220721_202428_782~2.jpg

IMG_20220724_162145_468.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 9:47 PM, TomWood said:

Will be wicked once its done! Keeping the same colour scheme?

Well was going to do 100%white, but I'm liking the top white and thinking I'll keep the red. And when ready, the bottom will be white too. Anyway , the top is done, and it's very white lol

IMG_20220824_214446_850.jpg

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Here is a better pic of the ramcharger right before it got tucked away all winter in the garage. The engine is tired, and leaking oil from every where oil can possibly come from. I have a 360 magnum efi engine, most likely will end up doing efi conversion with the 360 magnum. 

received_771553640845071.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

Looks good! I love these things.

Is it the 1st generation that does not have the curved back glass?

Thanks , its coming,

Yes, 73-80 has straight side windows and removable steel top. 81-93 curved glass and fixed roof.