• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Not the Lucasville I remember... πŸ˜†

Had a blast 😁 thank christ for the winch lol. Last time I ran it I was in a stock 91 explorer on cheap 31's and it wasn't even a challenge. Totally different now than it was back then. Soloing is at least fun when you're in walking distance of Civilization... lol

I love this trail - it's so close and accessible and it's a fun little blast. There are a couple of different routes that were less explored (I'm years out of date now) and those are a LOT different than the main trail. Big wash out, lots of "less travelled" trail. I don't even know if I could find it now.

I seem to recall a much easier route but I don't remember the fence for the range being there but again its been 20+ years since I was back there last. My old Ford Exploder made it back all the way thru with no winch and 31" ETS Trailmaster remoulds lol. I have a suspicion something is wrong with my front axle engagement cause with 4xhigh the Heap should have climbed that hill without breaking a sweat but no dice... winch for the win! πŸ˜†Β 

As suspected... CAD collar was not engaged and I've been running in 2WD for the last while. Any wonder I needed a winch out of a few spots.... Collar is permanently locked in now (properly) and I ran Lucasville last night to the Sackville substation then out to the dead end at Sandy Lake Park, turned around and intended to just come out to the 102 and because I'm a cocky MF, I turned back toward Lucasville and went all the way back through to the end at Lucasville again. Under 3 hrs to do it all and wasn't really moving as quick as I could, just enjoying the night. Never winched, never got stuck, never broke anything. In the spirit of trying harder to f*** myself I went back there again today, from Savoy Ave entrance up to where it turns off toward Kingswood, went all the way through past Marsh Lake and Sandy Lake behind Farmers, then back to the substation and out to the highway. Tackled everything without breaking a sweat. Rocks, mud, hillclimbs, just point and shoot and it goes over/through it. I see a lot of fun coming this summer... Any club runs coming up on a weekend soon? I need something a little more challenging now...Β πŸ˜†

Β 

Quite a bit back there i didn't even know existed but I think I've explored most of it now. Wouldn't mind some company if you're bored on a weekend sometime and wanna come out and get dirty PM me. I keep harassing Bill to come out but he's always too busy πŸ˜’ lolΒ  Have a few things back there I wanna try but want someone else with me just in case I dive in over my head hehehe

Archived