• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Short and Sweet revisited

SQRLPWR

Dave and I decided to have another crack at 'Short & Sweet' (aka Eugene 's Hill).

Took us a while to find the trail head as it's unrecognizable.

The trail is massively overgrown and the steep, rutted moss covered hill with big greasy rocks is a 33's and locking differentials type of gig. My Sidekick just walked it 😎

Dave backed into a 30ft widow maker and the top 5ft snapped off and landed on the hood of his sami....he has a nice dent on there now 

Screenshot_20201026-160626_Brave.jpg

20201026_142324.jpg

20201026_142316.jpg

20201026_140716.jpg

It was a good trip.

We got held up at the bottom of the big hill.....I turned off the Zuk to take a photo, and the starter wouldn't roll over.

We ended up screwdrivering the starter to get it going. I didn't turn it off after that.

I had an oh crap moment when I got home...turns out the anti theft starter kill switch got activated by my knee LOL

12 hours ago, SQRLPWR said:

We ended up screwdrivering the starter to get it going. I didn't turn it off after that.

I had an oh crap moment when I got home...turns out the anti theft starter kill switch got activated by my knee LOL

Screwdrivering the starter defeated your anti theft switch? 

Looks like a lot of fun! You know what's even worse than not having rig and web wheeling? Having a rig that you don't have time to fix and web wheeling.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, autumnwalker said:

Screwdrivering the starter defeated your anti theft switch? 

Looks like a lot of fun! You know what's even worse than not having rig and web wheeling? Having a rig that you don't have time to fix and web wheeling.

ha I see ur point about the switch. TBH it's just a delaying tactic...if somebody is that intent on taking it, they'll get it no matter what 🙂

Archived