• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Winches

Powerram

Alright, time to beat a dead horse. I'm soon going to be in the market for a new compact winch. Iv had lots of experience with warns, and superwinch, with zero complaints about either. There are alot of winches on the market now. What I'm looking for is an 8000-10000lb 12v winch with 3/8 steel cable in a compact package 8274 is too tall for what I want. It will be going in the front of my Nissan .

Budget is around$500 + or - a little bit

9 hours ago, Lil'monster said:

Smittybuilt is what I have works awesome . Mine is a 9500lb with synthetic line but is available with cable  . Got it from Northshore offroad real good prices

Thanks, seems like lots of good reviews on the Smittybilt.

I had a Warn M8000 with cable on my H3 and briefly on the H2. @ovrlndr then had it on the Xterra (not sure if he had it beyond that). It was excellent.

My Jeep has a Smittybilt XRC 9500lb with synthetic and it has been used a lot ... I've tested it in so far as it spools in / out. Cannot comment beyond that it's been on the Jeep for a few years, it's been abused (by visual inspection) and it still works.

Alright, I pulled the trigger on a winch, the runner up was Smittybilt xrc 9500. Lots of people seem to like it, but the one I chose was a runva xp11000 . Price was right, weighs in at 88 lbs, people I have talked to have good things to say about it. Online reviews seem good, but there are limited reviews. It's an Australian Brand winch, guessing it's probably made in china. And has the 3/8 cable i was after. The only downside I can see so far is it's colour, The winch housing is bright RED. I'll put it through its paces once I have it mounted and report back. 

1 hour ago, Powerram said:

Alright, I pulled the trigger on a winch, the runner up was Smittybilt xrc 9500. Lots of people seem to like it, but the one I chose was a runva xp11000 . Price was right, weighs in at 88 lbs, people I have talked to have good things to say about it. Online reviews seem good, but there are limited reviews. It's an Australian Brand winch, guessing it's probably made in china. And has the 3/8 cable i was after. The only downside I can see so far is it's colour, The winch housing is bright RED. I'll put it through its paces once I have it mounted and report back. 

Sweet! Will be curious to hear your thoughts on it. I looked into Runva back when I had the H2 and ultimately didn't end up pulling the trigger (on anything). AFAIK (at the time) they are Chinese, but I'm sure most of this stuff is now anyway.

23 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

Sweet! Will be curious to hear your thoughts on it. I looked into Runva back when I had the H2 and ultimately didn't end up pulling the trigger (on anything). AFAIK (at the time) they are Chinese, but I'm sure most of this stuff is now anyway.

Yes, I stand corrected, just went and checked runva website, it is a Chinese brand with main distribution facility in Australia. 

Archived