• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

720 4x4

Powerram

• 3 months later...

Been a while, but here is an update, And yes I know, another direction lol. I had Toyota axles for this truck, however it is not cost effective for me to build these axles up, maybe the parts are expensive or I'm just cheap, or a combination of both,  so I have sold them . Now in my possession is an early bronco d44 front diff, and I still have the Nissan Xterra rear diff H233B with 4.90 gears. 

The front diff came complete with front frame , steering and suspension cutoff at the firewall. The steering box is outboard on the frame. 

The bronco diff is 5 lug drum brakes, I'll be converting it to disc , and 6 lug using Chevy spindles, rotors, calipers and hubs. 

Still planning on the yj lift springs that I have for it. Should be able to start prepping for  the swap once the weather is above 0 degC continuously. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

Fiberglass? Was that factory or a kit or something?

It was aftermarket piece for the mini truck scene. This exact one was marketed for Nissan King cab mini trucks, there were several configuration available in the 80's for different wheelbase trucks. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Powerram said:

It was aftermarket piece for the mini truck scene. This exact one was marketed for Nissan King cab mini trucks, there were several configuration available in the 80's for different wheelbase trucks. 

Very cool! Thank you for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Also got a new shop toy to play with, a very used but functional tire machine. Iv always had access to tiremachine, but since iv gone self employed I don't have that perk anymore. So here it is, tried it out on the spare tire for the Nissan, remove and reinstall lol. I'm happy with it, sure beats swapping tires manually lol. 

IMG_20210417_125009_3.jpg

IMG_20210417_124546_3.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

I hope you were happy to see it go, that it wasn’t a ‘must sell’ thing.

It has been a heck of a couple of years…

Yeah, was sad to see it go, however,  going to focus on keeping the Raider. 

• Like 2