• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

720 4x4

Powerram

Daily/ mild trail exploring fuel sipper. It is a Nissan 720 king cab 4x4. Stay tuned for more. It takes a better pic than seeing it in person, but overall solid. Some minor cancer to repair.

$_59 (1).jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

Don't see those every day! Plans?

Plans are to drive it as is, needs some minor love for the road, tires, u-joints and things like that. Then drive and enjoy, maybe further down the road a Toyota front axle sas

Got some new skins on, Did some checking out for mvi, few minor details needed, adjusted torsen bars slightly,  installed matching mirror heads on the arms , did some cleaning of the inside.

IMG_20200325_171919.jpg

IMG_20200324_190828.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have issues with brakes, and parts and unavailable except for used, and we all know that there isn't any used Datsuns around that I can just Rob parts from lol. So that led to axle swap options, can't find any the right width for my little truck, so started looking at pairs, still nothing except jeep d30/35 combos. Can't bring myself to do that, solution: narrow some axles to fit. So a Dana 44 f150 Front axle, I'm going to shorten the long side to a length that will accept an off the shelf early bronco axle shaft. Then that will be roughly a 60" WMS , so for the rear, a Nissan H233B rear axle with 4.90:1 gears will do the trick from an early Xterra,  just a hair ovev 60"wms . Now the bolt patterns will be 6 on the rear and 5 on the front, that's no good, so some Chevy knuckles off a square body will take care of that.   

Suspension will be leafs on all 4 corners, going to use jeep yj leaf springs in the front, once it is on the solid axle in the front I'll decide how to set up the rear

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ovrlndr said:

That's how Matt rolls 

10 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

Truth!

Yep, indeed. 

Today, more parts research and measuring, and eyeballing, figure I'll use 1.5" lift jeep yj front springs for the front of my swap, Chevy flat top knuckles for crossover steering, regular tierod but shortened for the application, figured out the spring pearches, got the front designed pretty well in my head, not doing the rear springs untill I have the front installed and figure ride height,  

Today I removed the spring pearches from the H233 rear end, just need to pick up u bolts and it is ready to install. 

Planned tire size is a 33-12.50R15 tire. 

• Like 4

Alright, hit some decisions on the build,  iv acquired a pair of Toyota solid axles , they kinda just came to me, so I'll build the Toyota solid axles for this project, good thing I was only at the early stages of ordering parts for the d44 front. But at 55" WMS, the truck will keep it's narrow track width. And should be able to use off the shelf crossover steering  for a Toyota. I'll have some pics later 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

Is the Nissan passenger side drop T-case?

Was wondering if anyone would catch going from driver drop to pass drop, the front output is directly under the input from the trans, so the transfer case front output is centered in the truck and is currently angled to the driver side drop, but now it will be angled towards the passenger side

• Haha 1