• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

autumnwalker

I did a thing.

Photos to follow - have to get some on the weekend in the daylight.

I picked up a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport with about 73,000 km and lots of goodies. 6 speed manual. I'm the second owner.

Factory hard top + "sprint top" soft top from Bestop.

Smittybilt XRC 9.5k winch w/ synthetic rope.

ProComp 4" Stage I lift kit with AEV control arm drop brackets and JKS adjustable front track bar.

35" Goodyear Duratrac's on some sort of aftermarket wheel.

Rubicon axles + factory lockers. Rear is trussed, front is trussed and sleeved. 4.10 gears.

Superchips Flashpaq to account for gears and tires.

Aftermarket front + rear bumpers (I have to go see if I can find the manufacturer) and a few other goodies like Rigid lights and bumper mounted tire carrier.

5FF14BD9-0484-492F-8F77-787805AE6818.jpeg

• Like 4

Details in original post!

I'm debating on a name now ... a Jeep name and possibly a project name. I was thinking "Can't beat 'em join 'em" for the project (you all know my history) and I was thinking "Rubiclone II" for the name (after Doug's old 2007 Sahara), but given the decal on the rear window I'm kind of thinking "Pegasus". (see below for the decal meaning - it's a flying moose!)

Thoughts?

I don’t know about the name.  Hmm.  
And my post asking for Details, well, we’ll blame it on my computer/network at work.  95% of your post was missing!

Congrats, and now the fun begins! Good on ya!

10 hours ago, 89runner said:

Sounds like a well built jeep! Congrats! Is that a flying moose?

Thanks! It seems to be well built. It has a lot of things that I would have done myself if I were to build it from scratch.

Upon closer inspection ... it does look like a flying moose, doesn't it? It's the logo for Manac trailers ... which is a flying moose. https://www.manac.us/about-us/manac-flying-moose-legend/ Well, Pegasus is out haha.

I need to get better at documenting / photographing things for here.

The other night I re-installed the factory license plate bracket (so the plate would be lighted) and wired up a CHMSL on the tire gate to get it ready for safety. It has a fresh New Brunswick safety sticker on it ... apparently they don't need that stuff there?

1 hour ago, autumnwalker said:

It has a fresh New Brunswick safety sticker on it ... apparently they don't need that stuff there?

I'd bet that they do.  Just sayin'...

• Like 1

Pulled the wheels off of it yesterday - front brakes are fine. Rear brakes were close enough to being worth replacing that I just replaced them. Also pulled the rotors and realized the parking brake was effectively metal / saw dust. So I rebuilt the whole parking brake hub assembly.

Also bought a new set of matching lug nuts. A few of them were odd and they really pissed me off. Now they match! 

• Like 2

Glad to see you are back in a wheeler! There were so many options and it looks like you got the right one 😉 

Now try to get to a coffee and show it off lol

• Like 2