• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport / Rubicon

On 4/17/2021 at 7:08 PM, Powerram said:

Something I do on bulb sockets on all my vehicles , is plug the socket full of dielectric grease, then stick the bulb into it, iv had to change alot of burnt out bulb sockets and pigtails, but never one iv " treated " to the grease , I think it helps cool the socket and wire contacts and prevents any corrosion too due to trapped moisture. 

I was thinking about doing exactly this - these are the lower orange turn signal bulbs on the front grill as well - they are exposed to water, salt, etc. dielectric should help with all of it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I picked up a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport with about 73,000 km and lots of goodies. 6 speed manual. I'm the second owner. Factory hard top + "sprint top" soft top from Bestop. Smittybilt XRC 9.

Picked up one of these Warn Epic Sidewinder shackle / hook replacements for the winch yesterday at Princess Auto. They still had a tag on the shelf for $59.56 - even though the sale ended they gave it

Stock openings are wide open for rocks, branches, etc to puncture the rad. This is a metal insert which will provide some level of protection. 

Posted Images