• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport / Rubicon

autumnwalker

On 2/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, SQRLPWR said:

wow that looks like a straight up copy of my ARB, even the castings look the same if u compare to my spare motor.

Can't got wrong for that price. Hopefully you'll get some good use out of it.

20230211_150239.jpg

WOW! They didn't even try to hide it, eh?

Specs seem similar 6.1 CFM, 100% duty cycle ... but I'll reserve judgement until I get it installed and use it for a bit to see how durable it is.

• Like 2

Tired of working on the floor. Built a ratchet workbench using old wood from my old deck.

The red you see is 4x4's from the railing and the red / orange / stained 2x4's you see are actually from the 2x8 joists that I ripped down to size.

Workbench is 32" x 96", about 38" tall (I'm 6'3") and is on locking castors so I can move it around the garage.

4956E3DC-4BCE-4E57-8672-F10ABB5A630B_1_105_c.jpeg

I'll put a shelf on the bottom eventually, maybe some drawers or something ... but wasn't a priority for the initial build.

• Like 3

Nice!  Nothing like a good workbench. We’ve got several medium-sized ones at my brother’s big garage, and I’ve got a small one in my big ‘garden’ shed here at home.

A few years back I had built a medium one in my attached garage at the time.

And, like yours, mostly ‘over’-built with re-purposed lumber.  Sometimes the top is ‘butcher block’ style made of 2x4s on edge. 😁

My plans for this summer include a good bench at the cottage in the ‘good-sized’ new Old Hickory shed there.  There is one in the small ‘Kent’ shed as well.  
🤪

• 2 weeks later...