• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Peterson’s 4 Wheel & Off Road is No More

89runner

17 hours ago, 89runner said:

E2E6E2BF-49D9-4024-A40E-948266E43FEA.jpeg

I got the same letter on the front of my 'Four Wheeler'' magazine (subscription).  My brother and I have 'Four Wheeler' and '4Wheel&Off Road' magazines going back to the 70's....

I'm sooooo glad they didn't cancel both!

2 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

How do the two titles differ? Do they cover the same thing - does one do more than the other, different / broader focus?

Good question!  And I don't have a good answer.  Except to say they were very similar overall in type of content, layout, etc.  But, they tended to not overlap in any particular articles.

They used to be separate publishers.  With Four Wheeler the older publication by say, 15 - 20 years.  If I recall correctly, they merged just a few years ago. (Don't ask me who bought who, a Motor Trend brand type of thing.).  Thus the last couple years I noticed a bit of overlap, with one focus slightly different than the other.

And now one bigger magazine!  With a square spine like a book, rather than a soft rounded spine, like, well, a magazine.  🤣

Archived