• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Impromptu Pipeline Road

sar4x4

So today (late afternoon) I pulled a Dave Palmer.  I went for a quick 'recce' up the Pipeline Road in the Ranger.  Alone.  (Cell phone coverage, and stuck to the good road.)

I walked the last 200m right across the brook (ATV bridge) up at the Hwy 101 end.

(The mileage on the odometer says she's almost broken in...……….)

No pics, but it's been 10 years since I've been up that road, and never right to the end before.

All good!

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, autumnwalker said:

Going alone can be dangerous, but you did it as right as can be.

I've been stranded in there before, on a Mountain Bike.  (Took a 'header'.)  Cell phone saved the day.  And let someone know where you're heading... (I didn't this time.....)

I will send you the track 'ovrlndr'.  Yup, took the Ranger.  Love the LED projector headlamps, but driving 'hilly' roads like this one needs a good set of 'KCs', especially up on the roof to throw the light far and high.  I was looking at 'uphill grades' a lot in the dark coming out.  And an orange glow on the horizon between the clouds and sunset.                                                                                                                                                                                                    676530296_NorthEndPipeline.thumb.jpg.4a0fbff951769ce168eda9fb5ad5c627.jpg

Archived