• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Vehicular Revival

sar4x4

• 1 month later...

Little update..

My bro got his daily rig back on the road.  Sooo, we get the Escape back.  2 months and 2 days my bro had it.  We immediately had the oil changed, it was a bit overdue.

Had to do some unexpected home maintenance, that’s nearly completed. Some rodents had removed the insulation underneath the floor between two joists.  The full width of the home!  No wonder that part of the floor was cold last winter... but we don’t regularly use that part of the home.  

And the normal household rearranging of furniture, etc.  Couple new pieces of assemble-it-yourself furniture.....  that’s always fun.

And most importantly, was able to have the rest of my belongings removed from my former abode in Dartmouth.

Sorry, I got sidetracked...  😂 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

Hopefully nothing too serious hidden on the danger Ranger!

Yeah, I dunno!  But the rear parking sensor and many other sensors have been unplugged while they’re working on it.  My FordPass app keeps dinging when they do that.

I drove by the shop one day.  Weird to see it in the lot with a taillight removed and rear passenger side window taped over..

As long as it’s fixed right..!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my snowblower running again last weekend!  It had not run for the previous 3 winters.    Put new fuel in and turned her over a few times.  Nothing.  Ended up pulling the fuel tank off and taking it in the house over night.  Which thawed the ice in the outlet line.  And dumped a chunk of ice out of the fuel bowl.  So, with all the water in her, there was no gasoline-varnish.

And she started right up!

👍🤪

Little bit more on the Snowblower:

When last I posted, I had lost the choke linkage and had a new one on order.  In the meantime I had jury-rigged it with some wire.  It worked for the last little snowfall we had.

Well a couple of days ago, after the snow melted, I found the choke linkage on the lawn!  So I got her all fixed up yesterday.

And changed the oil, only 4 years old or so....

• Like 1

And the Ranger:

The previous update from the body shop was that it would be ready yesterday.  So I called, before showing up, as they direct...

It just needed to go through final inspection.  I am supposed to check with them again Monday morning.

Having said that, they also said there is a trim part on backorder.  But it doesn't affect driving and they will contact me to bring it back in when thy have the part.

So here's fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

And the Ranger:

The previous update from the body shop was that it would be ready yesterday.  So I called, before showing up, as they direct...

It just needed to go through final inspection.  I am supposed to check with them again Monday morning.

Having said that, they also said there is a trim part on backorder.  But it doesn't affect driving and they will contact me to bring it back in when thy have the part.

So here's fingers crossed!

Hope it's good for you, it's been in there a while now

Got the Ranger back today!  Woo Hoo!  Everything seems okay, but I will give it a good going over.  There are a couple of small cosmetic  parts on back order...

Now to put the winter wheels on, and it needs an oil change...

I do like it much much better than the 2020 F-150 XLT rental...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been running the Ranger, no issues!  Love it!  Winter tires are on, oil changed.  Going to modify the Back-Rack to fit it properly next....... (It's a Princess Auto one-size fits some/maybe.)  

Had the Scout out and running!  Drove it around the block (~1 km).  While my brother was using his garage.

Everything seems to work properly.

But she is going to undergo some needed maintenance and minor loving upgrades.

On Friday, the day after my honey retired, I put in three orders to suppliers in the US of A. A total of well over $600.00 in parts..... (small orders..)

Some interesting little parts, as well some bigger parts..

The first order is coming USPS/Canada Post (I have tracking #).  The second order is coming UPS (I have tracking #), and just paid a little customs/duty because it is mostly Service Manuals (I lost the previous ones I had in my divorce).  The last order isn't shipped yet, they told me it would be at least tomorrow before it would be shipped.

Excited!

4 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

Trying to wait patiently ..........

Tell me about it!  They predicted delivery by 12 noon!

I just received the factory Service Manual set!

And a small ‘Heep’-style decal to place on my windshield, back window, rim(s)....

2C47121B-2E4B-41AF-B3DD-A90BAC4AAA49.thumb.jpeg.5a0b654bd67f0155e797ddd03ab65b7d.jpeg

288F7D4C-E6AA-4F1D-9093-C5ED301458F1.thumb.jpeg.beb972cb4c08d395aafba6fea9cdc18c.jpeg

Thick!

D2C8380A-52CB-482D-9354-982F84CE5828.thumb.jpeg.3b2dad537e7b0ce2d8266cf367556729.jpeg

• Like 1