• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Vehicular Revival

sar4x4

16 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

I bet the shop feels just a bit bigger now with all that scrap gone!

Hmmm. It’s ~25’x35’ and quite ‘populated’.  This load did not make that much of a difference! Lol

This week coming we’re taking more scrap in, cleaning up the pile out back, it’s long overdue.  The price is poor right now but the opportunity is perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

Took an impromptu little rip through Bowater yesterday.  Stayed on the main road, barely got a puddle splash or two.  Did the loop from the power station, up past the ‘Old Annapolis Hiking Trail’ and back out at the new 103 exit into IngramPort.  Also checked where the washout was just in from the IngramPort exit and was very surprised to see it was fixed!  It gives a ‘new‘ short crossover between the two entrances.  I’ll have to lead a day’s run through all the maze in there, and out to the 101, etc.

Beautiful day to be out!  

Having ‘Asplundh’ cut a tree today for our new shed.  Amongst power lines..

Busy busy!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Ford Performance Parts today.  Will post pics, but maybe after installation.....  Been really busy with the new shed.  
Sadly I’ve been told the BackRack debut is now pushed back to the fall.  Dang Covid..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

Another couple short trims will take care of that! 🙂

Trimming the top of the uprights would remove too much functionality.  Cutting the bottom of the uprights would then require re-welding them back on.  
Just going to remain as-is for now!

• Like 1

Adapting an old cargo box to the Ranger atm.  Going to look like an old man’s truck!  Gotta live the part, lol.

My Chinese-made aluminum  spark plug wire separators finally made it to me yesterday.  Woo Hoo!  The Accel wires I put on the Scout are 8.8 mm..  Needed big holders!

Back at the Scout soon.  I hope!

Pics when available..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Final portion of a full complement of LED lights for the Scout just arrived.  LED everything, especially the interior bulbs, which is where it all started.  BTW the interior bulbs are a ‘53’, something I had never come across before!

The headlights are still European ‘component’ bulbs and lenses (Hella), but I will now have LED H4 bulbs instead of halogen H4 bulbs.  

I have no idea how it’s all going to work out but we’ll see!  I expect to have to put in an electronic flasher module (if I haven’t already), and/or resistor(s).  On the turn signals at least.

👍

16 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

I have no idea how it’s all going to work out but we’ll see!  I expect to have to put in an electronic flasher module (if I haven’t already), and/or resistor(s).  On the turn signals at least.

👍

This is on Amazon.ca for $15 and there is also the 2 pin rectangular shape flasher for led light conversion. Roughly same price

Screenshot_20200801-070829.png

• Like 1