• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Impromptu stock doable trail

SQRLPWR

1 hour ago, autumnwalker said:

Looks like a good time! How's the truck working @jay?

Truck works incredibly well. The 3.50 gears and bull low NP435/NP208 combination is super slow.

But I'm not rock bouncer, and the hardest trail it's seen so far was the little ATV-ish trail through the woods by Kelly Lake......it was rocky and very very tight. But zero issues in terms of crawling through it and being able to get a line through it all. I'm surprised how well it does considering it's immense size compared with the Zuk.

On the downside.....I can feel the lightness in the rear sometimes. The radius arm bushings are totally shot, but the TTB is going away so I'm just keeping an eye on it.

Also the lighting on this thing is worse than terrible as one of the sealed headlights isn't working very well. I have some H4 conversion headlights coming that I'll wire up on a relay as apposed to through the headlight switch....oh and Hella 500 fogs coming too 😉

1 hour ago, jay said:

yeah i guess so. It's got 37" Goodyear MT's too, and they're rock hard....that's not helping either.

I run a lot lower air pressure than the Manual suggests, because of course the Manual is spec'ing for factory 28" tall tires.  And leaf springs.

You're spoilt Jay, by the 'plush' Zuk ride!  Maybe you want trailing arms with coil springs like the early 70's Chevs, or the current Rams....

4 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Maybe you want trailing arms with coil springs like the early 70's Chevs, or the current Rams....

dont get me wrong, it's merely an observation rather than a complaint...I have no desire to build it, and the bouncy bench seat takes care of the rough ride just fine LOL 🙂

Archived