• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New trail in old 'Bowater' area

sar4x4

Was out for a little hike/drive on Sunday.  Off of Hwy 103's new 'Ingramport' exit.  Found an interesting new 'trail'.  It looks more like a swath cut for a new road.  And totally drivable.

Although my rig won't be ready, I'd be willing to 'Ride 'n Guide' a run through here and some other old trails in the Bowater area.  I know the area well enough.

Maybe even cross the stream that we crossed when Matt Brunet had the transmission trouble. 

LOTS of interesting trails!

What say you - Jay, Dave, etc?

🙂

15 hours ago, jay said:

ooh sounds interesting 🙂

is worthy of a monthly club run?

Definitely!  The new road/trail itself may peter out quickly, I don't know.  I only went a couple hundred metres on foot, mostly walking a very small dog.  But it was heading towards another road.

There are just so many interesting roads/trails in there that we haven't been on in ages.  And a few that we haven't.  And maybe some more new ones I don't know about!

If someone will give me a ride, I'll supply the 'intelligence' (I use that term loosely, lol).  We may start off of the Pockwock Road and end up in Ellershouse...........

So late yesterday I 'brought up' the detailed map I have of the area.  And started fixing it up.  It goes up and over as far as most of the west Panuke Lake trail 'Big Jones'.  I am fixing that up as well.  AND it covers where you folks went last February(?) at the end of the 101 service road.

And I'm not forgetting the new, as yet untested, hill climb I found in Rocky Myra this spring.

Sooo many trails to run.......!

🙂

1 hour ago, autumnwalker said:

This sounds fun. I need a rig.

There are no less than 7 rigs at my brother's place. Only two anywhere close to being on the road. So very close, but not quite.  Sigh...

I'd better get to it and at it! 

Archived