• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

'82 Bullnose

SQRLPWR

Rear brakes were making a terrible noise on the last club run. I found the adjuster  at the bottom of the drum....somehow. Luckily I have spare shoes and adjusters 🙂

Went around the TTB brackets and every bolt had at least 1 full turn of slack 😮!! I can see now why Ford riveted the brackets on!

Tank has always a been bit wet and the sender never worked properly. The leak is worse now. Tank and sender on order.

Finally, dont those radius arms look nice under there 🙂

20191124_152913.jpg

20191124_161218.jpg

20191124_161456.jpg

20191124_161514.jpg

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gas tank came today, just in time for tomorrow's 'celebrity' run. Good job it did because the leak was becoming a trickle.

Didnt have time to paint it, so I'll fluid film it.

Had to drill out one of the strap bolts with gas dripping on me lol.

Old tank is in reasonably good shape, but PO had used duct tape as a strap insulator, and the sharp edge of the strap must have removed the galvanized coating off and caused it to rust. I didnt have an insulator so I cut some lawn edging to size as a substitute. 

Overall not a horrible job, but awkward on ur own.

Gas gauge seems to be working now too. We'll see what it reads when I cycle through a tank of gas.

20191126_150621.jpg

20191126_174854.jpg

20191126_185212.jpg

20191126_174923.jpg

2 hours ago, Powerram said:

Curious about this celeb run?

Nothing to tell really. We were out on the 1st half of Hard and Soft for a couple of hours whilst they filmed some light wheeling. 

The show will be on YouTube called Stuck in a Truck with Buck.

Tom and Jesse were out with them on Saturday too.

5 hours ago, ovrlndr said:

yeah, I think the question is, why would the pulley be bent in the 1st place.....I should investigate further.

It looks like my crack dealer has one if needed https://www.amazon.ca/Small-Ford-Crankshaft-Pulley-V-Belt/dp/B0038QI1UY

Most common reason for bending the crank pulley is setting the engine on the garage floor, the rear sump of the pan drives the crank pulley into the ground when set down in the back of a truck or on the garage floor, bent a couple myself, luckily a 302 pulley is the same, possible the 351m and others are too, just the pulley, not the whole balancer, 

Since it was mild out, I decided to replace the door weather strip. I suspected there would be a ton of wet mud under the old rubbers, and there was. So some cleanup and rust treatment prevented me from installing the new.

Glad I found the mud !

I could really use some interior panels as mine are disintegrating LOL

20191215_125035.jpg

20191215_125917.jpg

20191215_132509.jpg

Archived