• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Newbie with a budget build

Mark

Hi everyone,

New to the group and looking forward to getting out for a run with everyone. I have a 1999 Tracker with light mods just to get into off-roading. I grew up driving my fathers Samurai in the woods and have been itching to getting back into it.

Sadly I work 4-on 4-off shiftwork so I may miss some events.

A7B5C259-F684-44E7-9A60-84D5CFF498A3.jpeg

EA58415F-B410-4ABE-BAAF-83CB5237260C.jpeg

9 hours ago, Powerram said:

Welcome, cool rig, I also work a 4 on 4 off schedule

Thank you, I still have to finish welding up a front bumper and mounting my winch. As well as installing a rear spool that is currently on my nightstand.

23 minutes ago, Mark said:

It should help a lot, especially in the ice we have now. Not looking forward to taking the brakes apart for installation.

Idk if it's like the Sami, but I did the brake backing plate mod, so I can pull the axles without having to take the backing plate off and open up the brakes...helps a lot for wheel bearing and gear work.

22 hours ago, jay said:

Idk if it's like the Sami, but I did the brake backing plate mod, so I can pull the axles without having to take the backing plate off and open up the brakes...helps a lot for wheel bearing and gear work.

The whole rear end appears to be the same as my fathers Samurai besides the spring set-up. I will look into it, thank you.

Archived