• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Dodge Ramcharger.

Powerram

Figured I'd start a build thread for this, its not home yet, but its paid for. Its a 1984 Ramcharger . 318cid, 727 torqueflight transmission, np208, d44 front diff, Chrysler corp 9.25 rear diff. Its all factory at the moment, except for the tires, it is wearing 33" federal courgia mt, not lifted, 

The plans are to clean it up a bit, some minor sheet metal repair, install a winch from the ford and wheel it, I'm not going to be as aggressive as when I wheel the ford, but will wheel it the same as I did the xterra. I really like the ramcharger , and my family does too , much more comfortable than the ford. 

Mods list include installing a 9" Ford rear axle and a spool. Also might revamp the rear bumper and tow points a bit. But thats all the major plans

received_228097778145728.jpeg

received_660394537734920.jpeg

27 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Ya might want to narrow the front bumper a tad! lol  Add and/or re-arch the leaves.  They've sagged over the years.

Wheel it!

Indeed, the front bumper will be changed out ,  the 33" tires sure fill the wheel wells, might just build up the spring packs for now, also the running boards will be removed too. Going to try and keep it not lifted, 

• 4 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, autumnwalker said:

Do I sense a sale coming on?

Nope, the ramcharger is not going for sale lol, 

On 6/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, sar4x4 said:

It's here, right?  Sweet!

Different rims and tires????

Different wheels and tires for the drive from ab to ns, the 33" mud tires were taken off and stock tires on for the trip

Archived