• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

jay

NSJC/Pirate Twisted Sisters run

Paul and I party-crashed the NSJC / Pirate Twisted Sisters trail run on Sunday.

I forget how many rigs, 12-ish Jeeps and us 2 renegades LOL.

Trail was ok, some logging roads, some decent little hill climbs and one big rut it the middle that caught a few rigs off guard (on video).

We didn't manage to complete the whole trail due to some Jeep issues upfront and it was getting dark. Apparently we missed a gnarly crossing where if you stay close to the ATV bridge then you're ok.....venture too far to the right by 4 or 5 feet and you may end up on your side in 4 ft of water.

For this run I had found a couple of $30 (new!!) Toyota KYB 3444428's to test. They were $30 off FB Marketplace because some chick had bought a crate of automotive parts and was selling them off cheap. So I decided for $30 it was worth a try. Down travel is about the same as before, but street manners and up travel are massively improved as you might see on the video.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yas all playing in my back yard lol

• Like 1

Only ran Twisted Sister once, a very long time ago.  I remember it being a fun trail.  I was a passenger and it was a night run, so couldn't see too much.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 11:21 AM, jay said:

Maybe we can plan a club run and do some more exploring around there ?

Maybe make 1 month out of every third or fourth month an exploratory run? Run some trails we haven’t been on in a while?  Like you did 5 Mile Lake.  I know of  several or more spots I’d be interested in checking.  Some might turn out to be boring or nothing at all though.  But some I can just about guarantee will be worthy of M.U.D. fame!  

Let the New Year begin and get my gear on the road! 👍

• Like 1