• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

December 8, 2018 club run - Drill Road

SQRLPWR

For our December club run we've had a request to run Drill Road, so we will.

The normal club run date would fall on December 15, but I'm moving it to the 8th.

MEETING
09:00am - Tim Hortons, Enfield Big Stop

DEPARTURE
From Tims @ 09:30am sharp

TRAIL INFO
LOCATION - Wittenburg, NS

FULL SIZE DO-ABLE - YES - it's tight in places!

2 hours ago, jay said:

For our December club run we've had a request to run Drill Road, so we will.

The normal club run date would fall on December 15, but I'm waiting on Matt to see if that works for him.

I'll announce when confirmed.

Just got the DEC schedule, looks like my only weekend is the 8th and 9th. If that works, great, if it is on a weekend I work , no worries either . 

Big Grin!  I don't remember 'overall' it being too hard...………   But I haven't fixed my two 'bumps' yet either!    But they were from being a bit too ambitious, the trail is full size friendly if you take your time on the twists and turns.....  But you can break stuff if you try!  I bumped the LF and RR fenders right at the very corners of the truck. On the by-pass to the Mud Hole I believe.

Overall, I think our M.U.D. runs have been EPIC!  Always going somewhere that most folks don't know about.  And most folks don't tend to re-run either.  Technically, M.U.D. 2017 was the 'hill' in Ledwidge, (Muddy Myra), and the Drill Road was maybe the second weekend of M.U.D. 2017, or not.

Ahh, good times.  More to come another year!  I'll have a year of lost time to make up for!

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to any and all pics!  I won't be able to make it.  Sad. :sad_old: (A few too many things on the go and I didn't pre-clear it with the boss.  So I won't use up my brownie points this time.)  Next time I go, I plan to make it through the water obstacle though!  Leading the group last year on this new-to-us trail I wasn't about to stretch my limits too far.  But since Matt made it in the Dodge, I'll have to add the last of the North American Big 3 Truck makers to the list.  I suspect Ford will be well represented this weekend, by Mopar Matt!

Have fun!

Was a good run, I sustained some carnage, backed into little tree and broke a taillight, had a rad fan broken wire right at the start, rolled the tires off the beads a couple of times, tore the fuel lines off under the frame, broke the transfer case, now on the way home there is a slight engine drivability issue.

Archived