• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Looking for some suitable trails

jmacdonald

Hi Ya'll. I enjoy driving lots of the logging roads around here but I'm looking for something a little extra that my stock truck can handle and still come home in one piece. It's a stock 2017 Chev Colorado 4x4. Stock tires (until spring-ish).  Logging roads in the Beaver Bank area can be traversed with a Mazda 2 most of the time, so it's not really off roading :) heh.

So I read the trail ratings here http://www.of4wd.com/education/trail-ratings/? and I think I"m looking for a 2+ or a 2.5 or something. 

In the spring time I'll have 31" KO2s and a 2" lift via Bilstein 5100's in the front which might allow me into "3" or "2.9" territory, but I don't have sliders and don't plan on getting them.

I know we don't talk about locations in this forum directly because of land use issue, so I'm not asking for breaking of rules. Please tell me what you can and for things you can't tell me, PM me as I'd love to arrange a time to go out with someone else.

Thanks my rig in the middle.

Thanks!

image000000.jpg

Archived