• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New to lifestyle, never been part of a group ride before.

Sean

So despite having talked about it with a few work acquaintances, I've never gone on a group or even partnered trail ride.  My rig is not what I'd call "extreme", but it is capable enough to go many places.  Was curious how I would go about getting involved (probably next spring) in some milder off-road conditions with some people.  I live in the Valley (near Wolfville) but would go a few hours out for a day trip..

Would love to talk Subarus with anyone who wouldn't just laugh it off 🙂

Glad I found this resource.  Was wondering if something like this existed.

Welcome!  My wife owns a Roo and I’ve seen lifted Roos as well!  But we’ve had stock Roos on some trails as well.  Heck, I’ve even driven my Rogue some rough places.  Many of our harder runs might not be suitable for a stock Roo though. But we also do milder runs and there are other options and fun stuff. Like working, and possibly competing in, the Ledwidge Lookoff Rally series.  Lots of Roos there!  Follow this site, and the similar site on Facebook, meet up for coffee night, and have fun!

4 hours ago, Powerram said:

Hi, welcome, as said above, there have been some subaru around, do you have pics of your vehicle?

8sv44ZW.png

This is the latest I've taken.  ~2" lift, skid plate, bumper guard, lights, etc..  I do go what I would term "soft roading", but I limit myself pretty hard because I don't have a trail partner. 

edit: I just realized that image has the (badly) photoshopped grill from when I was trying out things to paint..  If you wonder why it looks weird, that's why.

Right on, just curious if you have a tow point on your subi other than the screw in eyelet in case you get stuck?  The eyelets that screw in the bumper arnt designed for pulling on when stuck, they are only for pulling straight up onto a flatbed towtruck, and even then are questionable.

There are lots of trails in your area that your subi could  explore, and several trails up this way you could do as well without exceeding the capabilities of your car . 

1 hour ago, Powerram said:

Right on, just curious if you have a tow point on your subi other than the screw in eyelet in case you get stuck?  The eyelets that screw in the bumper arnt designed for pulling on when stuck, they are only for pulling straight up onto a flatbed towtruck, and even then are questionable.

There are lots of trails in your area that your subi could  explore, and several trails up this way you could do as well without exceeding the capabilities of your car . 

What would you suggest for a tow point?  In the rear, I have a class III hitch, but in the front, just the thread in.  Is there an aftermarket bolt-on that can be mounted on the subframe bolts or something to that effect?  The bumper guard I have on it is attached with two lengthened subframe bolts as well as two 12mm locator bolts, but you wouldn't want to tow on the bar itself, but a stout mount could probably be made to sandwich in there between bar mount and subframe.

Archived