• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

D2's Random Stuff

D2.

Figured I'd  bust out of the first post thread with my shenanigans. 

I had some more "stuff"  plasma cut over at Metal Supermarkets. While not directly for the truck, it will help me make things for it

This is a gutter support I designed from scratch using Fusion360( will make sense once I weld everything up and show the final product)

1IXq5vVPV-ETEhskvxY-s5UN_Z7mNyIDvYxZo7IV

This is what the 48"x48" sheet of 1/8" steel looked like after they cut out all my stuff ( kinda hard to see, I know ) 

ymX0L8JAYmmwYjIkev-DiIlabKIrCvRyWknkNL3C

the machine in action, really can't say enough about the guys at metal supermarkets. The cleaned up my cut file a bit ( had some accidental doubble cuts ), they let me back in the shop to see the machine do its thing, Gave me welding goggles so I could walk up and stare at my cuts, chatted about the machine, and the software they used ect... ( so perhaps I could get a better understanding of the process to make better "cut files" ) 

Youtube link to the machine cutting

Here are those funny shaped "pie" pieces.  if they actually work out, it will be a 1.75" Tube bending die ( to help with making sliders )  

AbLHY04X4YMmovrX5L5S64gHr6tWQkzSkdRrchgW

Saturday @CanoeHead and I went back Bowwater with the kids to get away from the city for a bit. 

pWTHNmWcGYHavUpeqioSnELpPjY0LrLrKvmgPmYn

Pictures never to trails justice, this was snug fit.

0FqEcAwwPCmQdeTqbiQu4qCsMeWWgGQ_I3HbaoWS

and of course the end result, one tired little man.

h8PTie_FKjIID8ndl8iWvJ16PBQKGD9ZGUFDbOZ5

• 4 months later...

its been a while,
cleaning up the garage, Holiday's ect..

I *finally* finished one of my welding projects. the Gutter holder

KCdwjR1jFzQsZIBLk8Qmpwh7Q0Wt224ZmKOuliQJ

now I just need the weather to be warmer so I can paint it, and mount it.

h07kptjE3SvEBpuAeTFQI1z0U3eMNiP1by3sWlnO

• 2 weeks later...

Archived