• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Good Monday Morning

D2.

Morning!

Had my Taco for about 2 years, been on a few fire roads and access roads with the occasional technical obstacle. Looking to get into some more interesting places.  I enjoy wrenching on things, camping and coffee with friends.

I've got two boys age 3 and 1.   The oldest one usually accompany's me on our adventures.

Hope to see some of you soon at the next coffee meet

SXB55VzxXHTiQBWDIsIv46A_B6T_DNYfMCZ9i3ZeVqFdtLVZexjAuJEaw64PHV_fp3-WmgQgsI4up0uw

@CanoeHead and I were just talking about that 🙂 Trying to get out to coffee and on a few runs.  His rig is better built then mine, I think I max out at the 2.5 rated trails.

Definitely looking forward to coffee meets, meeting the people, and seeing the 4x4's

9 minutes ago, D2. said:

@CanoeHead and I were just talking about that 🙂 Trying to get out to coffee and on a few runs.  His rig is better built then mine, I think I max out at the 2.5 rated trails.

Definitely looking forward to coffee meets, meeting the people, and seeing the 4x4's

Good to hear.  My 4x4s haven't been driven yet this year!  That is another story.  I've had the Suburban just over 20 yrs now!  She is a bit different than when I drove her home from Moncton.  She had been sitting for a couple years. Needed a battery and a fresh tank of fuel.  Once she was rolling on the highway, I had to back off the rear brake adjustment.  Once home the restore/rebuild process began.  It took me several years.  Oh, how I digress!

Hope to see you out and about!

Dont worry about" building" your rig, wheel it as is , and as expirence grows, challenge what ya have, then upgrade the areas that you think have limited you or held you back. That way you will know what your upgrades have done for you. Iv wheeled stock rigs for years, and iv wheeled full size and 38-40 inch tires for the last few years.  If asked what I think first upgrades should be, the very first I would recommend a good quality winch with good recovery points front and rear, second would be agressive all terrain tires, even in stock size or one up size. With those two upgrades, you have a very capable setup and can hit almost any trail. Hoping to make it to coffee night, might be s minute late, but I'll be there with my rig

Experience, Best practices, and treading lightly are all the things I'd like to learn/get  from this club, along with being an active participating member.

@CanoeHead and I have been back Bow water several times, had some fun, cooked some hot dogs, drank hot chocolate.  Actually the first pic in the post above is from bow water around Christmas last year.  Felt like the coldest friggen day of the season! but we still had fun.  

I do have some good recovery points ( front tow point is installed now ) 

IxiByS2ptptvC_CWdJSD3GpmVfkyJ-w0oNueVK3C

Working on some sliders now, Frame plates have been cut and bent, just need to bend some tube and do a little welding :welder:

bf0T16o-mjpUWYUu4gXoH-tophSk7jH29RASOqVT

l1f-tcciOfV6y_69ygbTGQJW2kdirU6U8hhWjXNP

I wish it was my table!

this is from Metal Supermarkets in Burnside. I gave them a file ( found  on Tacomaworld.com) and they happily cut it and sent it out for bending.  Their price was over $100 cheaper than Rod's machine shop. The plates are 3/16" steel

they accept DXF files, and have been very helpful with my other metal needs ( not to mention they are open on Saturday's till noon ) 

Archived