• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Bowater Lands

autumnwalker

Has anyone been in the Bowater lands recently? I'm thinking about exploring in there somewhere this weekend with my stock RAM 1500 (other than BFG KO2 tires).

Anything fun / notable or are we talking about strictly dirt roads? Anything that would damage my pretty truck? I'm not looking to wheel this one like I did the H2.

Thanks guys! We didn't end up making it out yesterday as planned, but knowing this now I might go explore some evening.

I did manage to get the 3 year / 38,000 km maintenance done yesterday though. Mainly inspecting and lubing up the brake system (good old FCA premature squeal), chassis points, and air filters. Woo!

Poked around in there yesterday - only went back a few kilometers. I've learned that I really miss the 38's aired down to 8 PSI ... was a MUCH more comfortable ride than the factory 33" tires (roughly) on 20" wheels 😩.

Either way, a good afternoon in the dirt. Found a lake, pulled off and cast a line for a while, and just relaxed in the sand.

Archived