• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

May 19, 2018 Club Run VOTE

SQRLPWR

May 19, 2018 Club Run VOTE  

7 members have voted

1. 1. May 19, 2018 Club Run Location

• *Trail (re)discovery
    • Big Jones (Ellershouse)
    • Bump & Grind (Halifax) (OFF LIMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
    • Ellershouse
    • Hard & Soft (Beaverbank)
    • Hard & Soft & TJs (Beaverbank/Middle Sackville)
    • Muddy Myra North (Devon)
    • Muddy Myra South (Porters Lake)
    • Muddy Myra Full (Porters Lake to Devon)
    • Renfrew to Beaverbank
    • Renfrew Waterfall
    • Rocky Myra (Goffs to Fish Hawk Nest River)
    • Short and Sweet AKA Eugene's Hill (Devon) - Extreme
    • TJ's (Middle Sackville)
    • The Drill Road (Wittenburg) - Extreme
    • The Range (Beford)
  2. 2. Day or Night

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/18 at 06:00 PM

Poll has opened for the Backcountry 4x4 Club May 19, 2018 Club Run.

If the 'Trail (re)discovery' vote wins, I will be expecting 'Trail (re)discovery' voters to have at least 1 idea of where you'd like to run. We will have a further discussion about where we'd like to try after that. Failing that, we'll run the trail that was the vote runner up.

For the Day or Night option, please choose one or both. If there's a vote tie I'll flip a coin.

• Please only vote if you plan to make the trail.
  • A random voter will be nominated to lead the trail. GPS map can be provided.
  • In the event of no outright winner, the lead will choose a the trail.
  • All trails are stock doable, meaning your stock rig should get through the trail except for unexpected trail changes, breakdowns and breakages. Bodywork and/or paint may or not be so lucky.

Happy voting ! 🙂

I'm not going to vote yet.  But Thursday I find out a bit more about my license!  And after our annual SAR event this weekend is over, I need to get my rig fixed from last fall's Drill Road run!  Oh, so many things to do! lol  I'll be retiring in the next couple of years.............  More time to 4x4!

On 5/3/2018 at 7:14 PM, sar4x4 said:

Maybe I'll be like a patient.  And ride. If so Jay, will your shotgun seat be open?

Sorry Eugene, I just saw this....of course you're always welcome to ride shotgun if you don't mind getting bounced around LOL, but I'm reserving comment until I 100% know I'll be going. Gotta make some front driveshaft clearance....

Stir, stir....

The full Muddy Myra can be nice and muddy at this time of year.  And to fully do Muddy Myra you must  visit the sawdust pit AND then cross East Brook.  (We had a SHERP in the sawdust pit last weekend.................more on that later)  I have NO IDEA how high the water is for crossing East Brook at this time of year....................... it may not be crossable.  If so, it is best to do Muddy Myra from the airport end and then double back.

And if I was leading the Muddy Myra I'd take the group through Short and Sweet Hill (aka Eugene's Hill)......  Best to have a chain saw unless you double back or take the way out through the chopping.....

Drill Road is new to most, and a great run!

That's it!  The local ARGO dealer has one.  It's quite different than an ARGO.  (Besides being larger.) Which the search team has.  Warmer (enclosed), faster, and a smoother ride.

MUCH better water capablity and MUCH better capability over rough ground and choppings.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived