• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

April 21, 2018 Club Run Vote

SQRLPWR

April 21, 2018 Club Run Vote  

12 members have voted

1. 1. April 21, 2018 Club Run Vote

• Big Jones (Ellershouse)
    • Bump & Grind (Halifax) (OFF LIMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
    • Ellershouse
    • Hard & Soft (Beaverbank)
    • Hard & Soft & TJs (Beaverbank/Middle Sackville)
    • Muddy Myra North (Devon)
    • Muddy Myra South (Porters Lake)
    • Muddy Myra Full (Porters Lake to Devon)
    • Renfrew to Beaverbank
    • Renfrew Waterfall
    • Rocky Myra (Goffs to Fish Hawk Nest River)
    • TJ's (Middle Sackville)
    • * Trail re-discovery
  2. 2. Day or Night

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/18 at 03:38 PM

Poll has opened for the Backcountry 4x4 Club April 21, 2018 Club Run.

I can't make this, so voters will be expected to lead the run.

I've included a new option called 'Trail (re)discovery'. This will be an exploration run in an attempt to rediscover trails that have either been long forgotten, not run for some time or just ideas for some general exploration.

If the 'Trail (re)discovery' vote wins, I will be expecting 'Trail (re)discovery' voters to have at least 1 idea of where you'd like to run. We will have a further discussion about where we'd like to try after that. Failing that, we'll run the trail that was the vote runner up.

For the Day or Night option, please choose one or both. If there's a vote tie I'll flip a coin.

• All trails are rated 1 to 3, unless otherwise stated. Most trails are stock doable, but expect pin-striping at the very least.
  • Please only vote if you plan to make the trail.
  • In the event of no outright winner I'll choose a random club member who voted in the poll to choose a trail.
  • The exec will be asking for a volunteer from voted club members to act as a trail guide/lead using the respective GPS map.
  • Once the trail has been decided, the trail details will be posted in the 'Trail Rides / Events' section using the template from the 'Trail Information' section.

Trail Rides / Events

https://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/forum/8-trail-rides-events/

Trail Information

https://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/forum/46-trail-information/

Trail Risk Matrix v1.2.png

17 hours ago, derekmac said:

I voted for Eugene's Hill just cause I really want to run it, even though it's probably not best suited for the monthly run.

BIg smile.  Probably really slick right now.  REALLY, REALLY, slick!

My comment, take only a few rigs, (probably not a monthly run), WITH WINCHES, and/or have a big-*** working winch at the top!

You won't get up it by wheel spin only!  Maybe with true lockers, front and rear! And whoop-*** mud tires!

And, the annual SAR EVENT is coming up soon in the general area.  Be best not to be in there the same weekend, the first weekend in May.  2-300 foot walkers in that exact area.

On 2018-04-12 at 12:09 PM, sar4x4 said:

BIg smile.  Probably really slick right now.  REALLY, REALLY, slick!

My comment, take only a few rigs, (probably not a monthly run), WITH WINCHES, and/or have a big-*** working winch at the top!

You won't get up it by wheel spin only!  Maybe with true lockers, front and rear! And whoop-*** mud tires!

And, the annual SAR EVENT is coming up soon in the general area.  Be best not to be in there the same weekend, the first weekend in May.  2-300 foot walkers in that exact area.

Well I can't wait to give it a go, even more so after your description!! :)

On 4/18/2018 at 7:20 AM, Colin C said:

I haven't been on either so both would be fine.

C

i dont get people sometimes. toyotaholics are running drill rd on sun, but people are voting to go there sat also... just go on sun seems to make mores sence. i tried to sway the vote for ya colin, but it didnt seem to work. river rats are running big jones may 12 if you want to try that trail then

I'll be camping on the 12th , but thanks for trying! : )

I'm pretty green at all of this so anything is fun!

I'm planning to bring the Rover so just have to allow for travel time!

C

Well, I'm not allowed to drive in the near future, but I sure can sit in someone's navigators seat!  Having said that, I'm not free until the third weekend in May, or so.  When someone starts to coordinate a "Run the Hill".....  When we do the hill, we can take a scenic route to get there.  Muddy Myra, etc.  There are several ways to get to it.  Including what we tried the first (?) time last year approaching the base from the North, but that will require chainsawing at least one windfall. 

That could be sweet.  Approach from the North after doing Muddy, clear a wind-downed tree (known) or more, depending on the winter, run the hill up AND down, then exit south from the base of the hill, and enter many, many more play areas.  Excursion into Rocky Myra/Rocky Myra extension, several small and one possbily large water crossing (depending on rainfall), and/or the infamous sawdust pit area.. .. which is always a blast.

Or run Muddy, the hill, then back out Rocky to the airport for a long day run!

One can easily spend two days (or more) in that entire area.

Archived