• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2005 RX-8

82Yota

Being a parts delivery guy I see a lot of cars that just sit and rot in parking lots and behind garages. Spotted this gem sitting on Windmill Rd a couple of months ago and always meant to ask about it but never got around to it till Friday.

Rotors were rusty and it wouldn't start because of a dead battery etc etc. I was told when I asked about it that it had a blown motor and it wouldn't start. The first thing that came to mind was a LS2 swap so I didn't care about the junky German rotary engine under the hood.

She's a 1.3L 6 speed manual, all leather and has a sunroof.

t20171230_142408.jpg

Also, after researching the Mazda fanboy forums I found a couple reasons that it might not start. Rotary engines are prone to "flooding". After a deflood procedure it's up and running and hauls a lot of *** for a 1.3L engine.

It's still getting an LS, but at least now I can drive it in and out of the garage.

2 hours ago, Powerram said:

Cool, will have to do a car tour this coming summer. I'll get the Trans Am out. 

Hell yes. Keep your eyes open for some wrecked LS powered vehicles for me would ya? Won't consider anything that isn't a V8 tho haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't updated in a while. 

Tore into one of the 5.3 motors, I have it stripped to the bare block, just trying to decide what route I'm gonna go for a rebuild kit and have it machined at Nova.

Looking for a NV3500 5speed trans from a s10 or Sonoma or a t56 6 speed from a Camaro if anyone knows of either please feel free to MSG me.

Archived