• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Long time

FLTLNR

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This will be the (possible) first post of my return to both NS and the offroad world. Unfortunately, I do not have an offroad rig anymore so......ill figure that one out.

Pics of current vehicle to follow if requested (nothing special yet, just a ram)

20 hours ago, jay said:

Welcome back Steve!!

I recommend a beater for wheeling, not some nice shiny rig like before ;):)

I may have to. Not sure what im going to do yet. This Ram will not see offroad for the foreseeable future, if at all.

18 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

No such thing as "just a Ram"

Also welcome back :)

By that I meant that it is not modded. My last one had the Metal Mulisha exhaust at least. (from what i could tell at the time, it was the loudest legally allowed)

• 3 months later...

Figured I would update this.

As of right now, I may have been extended on my posting to the States. This is by my wish, not being forced.

Now, on to the good stuff. Because of this the wife has given me nearly unrestricted permission to "do as i please" to my truck. So, here is the plan:

1) ReadyLift SST 4 inch lift/level kit

2) 35x12.5r20 likely BFG KO2 or Pro-comp A/t Sport

3) Helo wheels HE901 0 or -12 offset

3) Trinity T2 Platinum with hemifever tune

4) Vararam Air Grabber intake

5) Stainless works longtube headers (/w 1-3/4 primaries and cats) /w matching cat back. Currently have a Carven "The Compeditor Series" muffler.

-----Question IRT headers----

NS Laws regarding CATs? I just looked it up and it says must be present and functioning. Is there not an emissions test?

So more info on stock truck.

2014 Ram 1500 Sport Crewcab 4x4

3.92 gears

Electronic 8speed

Limited Slip rear diff.

Every "luxury" feature available. (for the record I will NEVER get a sunroof again as I am too tall for my truck even.)

15 hours ago, TomWood said:

NS requires cat to be there for visual inspection but no, we do not have an emissions test. Good to see you back on the board!

So to be clear. Aftermarket headers, with cats, are good to go? Provided noise issues are tolerated.

Archived