• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

December 16 2017 club run : Hard & Soft + Bonus

SQRLPWR

For our December club run, we will be running Hard & Soft backwards, with a possible bonus run through TJs if time permits for anyone wanting to stay and play :)

This is a DAY run.

MEETING
9:00am - Tim Hortons, Middle Sackville - 1624 Sackville Drive, Middle Sackville, NS B4E 3A8

DEPARTURE
10:00am sharp

PREREQUISITES

Have enough fuel, food and water for the whole day.
All vehicles should have proper front and rear recovery points. Rigs without will be turned away.
Be sure to review the 'Rating Guide', 'Trail Risk Matrix' & 'Basic Requirements' pages below before deciding if the trail is for you and your rig.

TRAIL INFO

LOCATION - Beaverbank

RATING GUIDE - 3.0 (Formed Trail)

FULL SIZE DO-ABLE - YES

BASIC REQUIREMENTS - https://www.backcoun...ent-guidelines/

NOTES

Trail Risk Matrix v1.2.png

How does this trail compare to the M.U.D. trail from last month? Or... is it stock Rover friendly?

I looked through some of the old videos and am wondering if this is the trail from December 2014.

Cheers,

Colin

Hey Colin, the last time I ran Hard & Soft in my stock-ish Xterra on crappy 31s was a couple of years ago. Like most trails, it does get a little rutted and Rocky, but with some careful lines I didn't have any issues. If you do get in a situation you don't like, with some spotting I'm sure you'd be fine.

Our goal is to get everyone out in one piece with absolute minimal damage.

The bonus trail is TJs, which is another nice trail, but it can be overgrown at the start...if you care about your top coat.

It could have all changed since.

FYI, the M.U.D. Runs are not our typical trail event, and tend to be more of an 'exploratory / go anywhere / no whining' type of deal. We've been through some tight rough spots on M.U.D. Runs....they are AWESOME! :)

I suspect if a 'Trail (re) discovery' vote wins, it could turn into mini M.U.D. Run too :)

I hope that helps and it would be great to see you out again.

Archived