• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

M.U.D. 2017!

sar4x4

3 hours ago, Colin C said:

$ for decals? How much? Hoping to get there.

Will be able to follow the trail of oil drops home...

C

Decals will only be $5.00 this year.  (Maybe I should charge $10 and give $5 back if you make it through the trail? lol)

If you follow ATF (transfer case) drops home you will end up at my home, lol

16 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

It took almost nothing to do it too.  I knew they weren't strong but holy crap.  

They weren't designed for 40" tires stuck in mud!  The stress was probably 4x what they were designed for! Oh dear!

Been there, done that twice with my original rear 1/2 ton axle shafts.  Now I have '1 tons'...........

25 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

They weren't designed for 40" tires stuck in mud!  The stress was probably 4x what they were designed for! Oh dear!

Been there, done that twice with my original rear 1/2 ton axle shafts.  Now I have '1 tons'...........

Oh they most definitely are not meant for 40s.  Lol.  I think I'm going to replace the shafts for now (both were under warranty still). But I do have a plan to get a bigger center section in there so I can use stronger shafts without worrying about breaking the diff.  

23 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

I watched but didn't listen yet.  It looks like the 40's and a higher bumper made it further through the hole than my lower bumper and 37s!

I made it farther through the hole but you made it farther through the trail.  Lol

13 minutes ago, jay said:

Maybe limiting straps will help keep the axle from dropping too far?

That might help.  Most of the travel is in droop though.  But I guess would be beneficial until I can upgrade things.  

Archived