• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

How far do I have to go ?

jmacdonald

So, when I'm watching videos on the youtubes, I see folks doing wide open spaces with roads to the middle of nowhere. Long open roads where you can see everything, cool climbs that don't take a rock crawler but still yet you have fun in your truck... and you end up at the top of something cool.

I've lived in NS most of my life and in my experience remote locations are limited to "a logging road that goes to the earths arsehole in a spruce forest" to "the shore". 

How far do I have to drive to get something like the youtubes? (Yes.. I know Kingston NS has sand :) ).  NFLD? Southern coastal states like the Carolinas? Connecticut or something? I just want some varried terrain. Honestly haven't explored enough of North America by car yet. Plenty of NS/Quebec/"Toronto area of Ontario"

Here are a few of the places iv been and wheeled, some of it is accessible with a regular 4wd truck equipped with good at tires. Some of it you would probably need something more. Also there is alot of historical things to see from abandoned mining camps to old cabins and equipment yards from the early 1900's . I find that stuff cool. Most memorable was a core sample shed we came across , a large building containing some electrical things to power the mineshaft s, steam generator and stacked to the too roof was core samples from the mines. The Green Dodge was my truck

Screenshot_20170910-064520.png

Screenshot_20170910-064723.png

Screenshot_20170910-064650.png

19 hours ago, jmacdonald said:

not a logging road surrounded by spruce trees and the occsional maple begging for sunlight :)

lol.  I'm not sure you will find a lot of wide open roads in the Maritimes.  I can't speak for the New England states, except for probably Northern Maine.  (Although the forestry roads may be gated there if private.)  The maritime provinces are relatively small, and forested...  Hmm, I'll think about this over time!

• 1 month later...

Archived