• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Greetings From Bridgewater

spannermonkey

Hi folks,

Just joined the forum as a new member. I'm trying to find a club that gets out on the trails. I'm one of those strange breed from across the pond who decided life in Canada was better than the UK :-).

As for my wheels I'm currently in a 09 Land Rover LR3, my second one of these and my 3rd Rover, but ive had all sortsover the years and being from the UK, some you really dont see over here. Not much beyond stock at present, but I need to get hold of a set of 18" rims as the 19" I have offer very few tires to choose from :-(. Also planning for a few modifications over the coming months so I'm more able to enjoy the trails. Up until now I've really been making sure all the usual niggles and gremlins that seems to afflict Rovers are taken care of.

Happy to join in some trail rides

Thanks Jay. 

Mods being considered are:

18" rims and new tires - something that offers off-road ability, but still drivable on the road. 

Due to the air suspension I have to get some modified links to fool the system to setting itself at a higher setting to allow larger tires and avoid rubbing. They are only a few hundred bucks and give me 2" more lift but still have full articulation. 

Then if more serious stuff like a winch - not sure if I'll do a hidden one or just fit an arb bumper. 

Roof rack

Rock sliders and underbody guards  - engine already has a pretty heafty plate underneath :-). 

Archived