• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

WTB Toyota SFA

SQRLPWR

Thanks. I looked at that FJ when it was 1st in the yard, it looks like it's been sat in a puddle for a long time. I'm guessing the running gear is (probably) still there, and I really don't want to start over like the D44 if I can help it.

I might revisit at the weekend tho.

You are going to have to do all the bearings and seals and brakes . If not you will be paying a fortune for an axle that is" ready to roll " . Trail gear sells a knuckle service kit that comes with everthing you need for seals and bearings that is pretty reasonable and they are canadian prices with no border fees

@Jay if you find just the housing I have a set of stock axles and birfs that you're welcome to have. I will have a spare housing eventually but my build is kind of in limbo at the moment.

The knuckle bearings are probably the hardest to find and the most expensive of the whole ordeal. We *had* them at work but I'm pretty sure that I bought and installed the last 3 in the country. If you end up needing any I can try to get our sales guy to check the New Jersey warehouse

I know where there's an '80? TLC sitting for the last 5? years..... I suspect it's not for sale, although it will never see the road again.  It would make a great buggy....  it's an auto trans though.  

Behind my brother's garage!  It's not ours though.  I will contact the owner and my brother.  They would probably want it to go away whole...

Archived