• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

So, we wake up and...

sar4x4

There's an abandoned strange car in our garden on the front lawn after plowing through our fence.  Drivers window down.  Our first thought  was a crash overnight and driver fled the scene.

While on the phone to 911 a man comes running down the street with a cell phone to his ear reporting a stolen car.....

Much yelling between the home owner and vehicle owner...

Two police cars later....

it was was an improperly parked vehicle that rolled down the slight hill.  Slight, but enough the vehicle jumped the curb, brushed our neighbour's tree hard enough to tear the mirror off, then plowed into our fence. 

(Neighbour is on vacay.)

Manual transmission, out of gear.  No park brake set.

Funny, after the owner moved it back up the hill it had the wheels turned to the curb..........

My wife is REALLY discouraged about a bit of her garden................

His insurance called with the hour.  I let Deb take the call, I'm too soft.........

It could have went very differently if he had knocked on the door and offered to pay damages.  But we stood in the street aghast calling 911 when he came running down the street calling 911 that his car was stolen.  Deb was not in a good mood and it went downhill from there!

• 1 month later...

Lol, my wife was, but in reality it wasn't a really really big deal.  

6 weeks(7?) later and the fence isn't fixed yet.  Replacement panels arrived the day before we left on vacation.  They are usually '10 minutes' to install, but I didn't have 10 minutes, that could have stretched to 2 hours, to spare!

Archived