• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Ellershouse Trial

SQRLPWR

Heads up - I just received word that most of the Ellershouse trail that we run is now different...

"not sure if you've been made aware but there has been an amazing amount of terra forming by machines in my area ( Ellershouse ) and as recently as last night I was on trails and they just disappear or are so over taken by machine ruts or brush from clear cutting it's no longer as vehicle friendly as we remember - I've been doing what I can to help make things passable but it's ever changing - gear on the woods making it different daily - wanted you to be aware of you head that way that it could be faster or slower depending on where they were working.

The part of Ellershouse that has culvert in it is pretty much the only standing untouched section currently and either side of it has either not been run and over grown or ****** by machines - it took me 2 hrs to make it from the culvert to the dirt road after the creek crossing and that was only by way of gps - trail was unrecognizable

Even though a lot is flat there's mud and rock and tree to fight - it's still doable but very much harder on gear - unless you're very familiar or gps you'll have a hard time following trail.

Eugene's 'burban won't make it under a lot of it now from downed trees or sharp turns"

2 hours ago, joeylowthers450R said:

and you should try tj's. it was tight in 3 spots

I've been through TJs in Jessys Jeep and just haven't gotten a chance to in the Ram.  

I heard you had gone last time and was a little sad.  I was hoping to be the first full size through there.  Lol

• 3 weeks later...

forgot to post after checking trail. whoever sent you that info jay must have been lost or something. we ran the whole trail and not one part of it has been touched/changed. the first part of the trail on the power lines is starting to grow in a bit worse for people who are worried about there paint. but we run full size rig with lift and there were no issues fitting anywhere 

Archived