• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New member intro

Hersheys

Hey everyone, got a new truck so I got some plans to go wheeling!  Found this group when I was looking up passable trails near Halifax.   I didn't realize there was such a big 4x4 community. 

Well hook a guy up!  Where can I wheel my stock Silverado 4x4?? 

Thanks everyone! 

IMG_0293.JPG

Hey, welcome to the forum., Nice truck, what expectations do you have for wheeling?  Id recommend coming to a coffee night , have a look at some others rigs, meet the group, decide your goals and expectations of what a wheeling trip  means to you. If you are serious about doing some trails, I'd recommend committing to some tires first. 

thanks! i don't have many expectations,  i have a leveling kit on the way for my truck just a 2" rough country  and I'm looking into the tire situation,  biggest tire i can get on the stock setup is 305/60r18's  but i might need to downsize for budget sake, I'd take my steps off too but its a daily driver and my girlfriend is 5' nothing so I'll have to wait until i can get her a retracting step or something.

so realistically in the near future its just light trails for me but i still want to get off the pavement!

the coffee nights are announced on the forums?  I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Yes , coffee night is posted on the forum, meet every Thursday at 7pm at a rotating  location.

Retracting steps and off road do not mix. Actually retracting steps and NS don't mix. Iv had to fix many of them, but corrosion and debris are the biggest problem with them. They also don't like slush and frozen slush either. Big pain in the butt. Just to give ya heads up on the steps. 

Maybe we will see ya at coffee

Welcome! Great looking truck! How much are you afraid of some pin stripping down the side of it? Most trails have some branches that will graze ;) starting out I know a quick trail down here in windsor. Clearance wont be an issue and will give you a taste :) 

I've been back driving all around the DNR roads behind Stanley airport  not any real wheeling but there are miles and mile and miles of side roads all over and the main road goes all the way to kennetcook got a history back there too my dad and I used to fly out of Stanley airport when he was a pilot  I saw a guy dump it into Anthony lake, luckily for him its only chest deep all the way across haha!

8 minutes ago, Hersheys said:

I've been back driving all around the DNR roads behind Stanley airport  not any real wheeling but there are miles and mile and miles of side roads all over and the main road goes all the way to kennetcook got a history back there too my dad and I used to fly out of Stanley airport when he was a pilot  I saw a guy dump it into Anthony lake, luckily for him its only chest deep all the way across haha!

There tons of Wheeling trails there too. 

Archived