• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Started good and then had a mess

Powerram

Got a good story of yesterday's events.

Started off mowing my lawn, and doing some trimming, 2-3 hrs later I was finished. Thought it would be a good idea to go mow mom's yard while she was at work, be a nice surprise. So I mowed her lawn, about an hour and a half I was finished( she has a better more powerful v-twin lawn tractor than mine) once I was finished i thought it would be a good time to move some vehicles around the yard and do some tiding up. I have a suburban there for storage and a Ford truck with a cap for storage. Plan is to put them behind the house with easy access to the back of them. I had to move a trailer with g6 on top first, no problem, in top driveway,  then old 78 f350, I set on the lower lawn, then smashed Grand am, beside 78 ford, then a rusted out frame cab and front end of a f150, also set on the edge of the lower lawn. No problem, then the sub is put into position, then for the truck with the cap, it has no rear axle so it had to be picked from the back, well the tow truck won't make the turn to back it in behind the house so I head down start to turn on the lower lawn to come back up. This is where it all stopped. Had the tow truck and the towed truck both sunk up to the diffs on the lawn. What a mess, unhooked towed truck , had to walk it out with wheel lift, then just picked towed truck from back bumper with extended boom and had to walk both off the lawn, smashed Grand am in the way so I threw it in neural and gave it a little push, then gravity took over and across the yard into the trees and bushes almost out of sight.( Kinda did that on purpose) finally walked truck to driveway, got towed truck in its final resting place , now I have 3' ruts, mud, sod and a disaster on the lawn along with scattered wrecked vehicles, looks like an all out demolition derby took place. Mom got home as I was opening up the top driveway putting the trailer back into place. About 10:30 pm.... She was very surprised.....

• 2 months later...

Archived