• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

7 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

Right on! What would be the purpose of a sleeper on a tow truck? Would they do long distance?

Yep, all the time, if ya get a run up to cape Breton or into newbrunswick, after ya already put in 5 hrs of your shift, by the time you get to your destination, the driver ends up being  out of hours. Or even heading down to Yarmouth, that would be around 7 hr round trip in a towtruck including loading, and unloading and driving time, easy to run out of hrs while on the job so the sleeper pays for itself, rather than turn down the job or cut into the expense of the job with motel or accomadations.  here are a couple local trucks with sleeper bunks

01-62.jpg

sihbyb45tv-58c5b72b-bc93-99ca-524c-b5659e5621ae.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

Very cool! I'm learning a lot about tow trucks.

When it's up and running, I can take ya out on a call or two, of course after the pandemic clears up

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Powerram said:

When it's up and running, I can take ya out on a call or two, of course after the pandemic clears up

110% in for this!