• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Cleaning the carpet

Jessy

So I'll be stripping my carpets on the next day that I'm able to. And cleaning them. I took a bit of a swim there and took on alot of water. Besides stripping the carpet out to pressure wash, any other tips? There's alot of stuff online about best way to clean or put them back in. But I'd rather go with your guys' opinions. Best cleaner? I'm not opposed to eliminating them altogether if I come up with a solid plan.

23 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

That would be my route for a trail rig. Not sure how hard they are to remove from a JK, but perhaps take them out before hitting trails?

From what I've heard, it's relatively easy but requires removing the seats (which can be done quickly). But for the frequency I go out, and my health... not feasible unfortunately. Unless its for longer events like the Summer Event. Then it'd be worth it for sure!

When it's s DD it's always nice to put the carpet back in.  My trail rig, took the vinyl flooring out almost 20 us ago!   If you can get help it would be great to just take it out for bigger runs where water is a possibility.  Sounds good but not practical!  There's no water at the Summer Event trails is there?!  Rocky Myra?! Lol

• 1 month later...

Archived