• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Looking at cars

Powerram

So, I smashed up Tracey's car , so now I'm looking for a new to us car, I'm not brand biased but like to keep it domestic. Iv found 2 we are going to go look at, milage is out of some people's comfort zone, but milage doesn't concern me

Also like to keep the age of the car around early 2000-2007, preferably not newer than that. What I have found is a 06 v6 charger, 275k looks clean and straight and the second is a Pontiac 2006 g-6 coupe v6 250k. The Pontiac is nothing new for me, but anybody have any experience with v6 chargers?

IMG_20161211_092829.jpg

IMG_20161211_092905.jpg

7 minutes ago, Powerram said:

So, I smashed up Tracey's car , so now I'm looking for a new to us car, I'm not brand biased but like to keep it domestic. Iv found 2 we are going to go look at, milage is out of some people's comfort zone, but milage doesn't concern me

Also like to keep the age of the car around early 2000-2007, preferably not newer than that. What I have found is a 06 v6 charger, 275k looks clean and straight and the second is a Pontiac 2006 g-6 coupe v6 250k. The Pontiac is nothing new for me, but anybody have any experience with v6 chargers?

Ill keep my eyes open in my travels

Just now, 82Yota said:

Ill keep my eyes open in my travels

Right on, we gonna go take a look at the 2 today, we also consider Ford fusion, grand am/grand prix, ford 5hundred, mid size sedan , stuff like that

Just now, Powerram said:

Right on, we gonna go take a look at the 2 today, we also consider Ford fusion, grand am/grand prix, ford 5hundred, mid size sedan , stuff like that

Cool, and I will 100% let you know if I see a Toyota Prius or any other hybrid. You seem like the type to want one of those

I find that generation charger is impossible to see out of. From the inside the windshield feels about a foot tall and all the side windows are no better, like driving around in a Blindspot. Also I believe the front suspension setup on them is some sort of multi link job. Not conventional A arms. And finally there's the obvious RWD concerns in winter. Loads of fun but possibly not ideal for DD

17 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

my thought was immediately two door vs. four door - any kids / back seat concerns in a coupe?

We went and looked at both cars, the charger was just OK, but the g6 she loved, and got a good deal . Being a coupe, it's surprising, the rear seats are bigger than the grand am, and more front head room for me. We took the G6, it needs a bit of love from sitting since spring, like brake rotors and pads, but runs so smooth, quiet and she likes it. Just has stupid GM plastic rocker sills so needs some tin work behind plastic sill covers, but doesn't extend into the car, should be pretty easy repair I think

Archived