• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Matt's Daily Driver Build

Brunet-Hemi

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So after coffee last night, on the way home, I got flashed by 4 people because of my taillights not working. Once home I decided I should really fix that.  And of course it turns out that my taillights, marker lights, and all interior back lights are on one fuse.  Found an extra fuse in the glove box and now I'm good to go.  

6 hours ago, jay said:

We just thought you'd forgot to turn them on lol. Nice easy fix :)

I think one (drivers) brake light was out too bud.

Checked them all last night with Jessy.  Everything was working. But I've been told that before so I think they might be intermittent. 

1 hour ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

Checked them all last night with Jessy.  Everything was working. But I've been told that before so I think they might be intermittent. 

I'm in the middle of an intermittent issue with the Scout LR Brake/Turn Signal. Waiting on a new Turn Signal Switch from RockAuto (its an AC Delco part also used in GMs, easy to source and inexpensive!). Hoping that is the issue!  Brake light power goes through the turn signal switch............. so that it flashes when it's the same filament.  When I installed the third brake light on the Suburban, I had to run a wire all the way from the brake light switch under the dash, you can't tap into the brake /turn signal light!

Oh the fun of projects!

Made a new motor mount to replace the cracked one.  I used 1/4" angle iron instead of 1/8" and I drilled the hole to lift that side of the motor about 1/8"  put it in and the the motor twists a lot less.  And I don't get that interference with the steering :)   it's AWESOME! I can actually drive around town now without looking like it's my first standard.  Lol

• 2 months later...

So I'm having issues with my cooling system.  It seems to over pressurize.  The top hose to the rad get rock hard, and the reservoir over filled. After messing with it a bit, with rad cap off and I rev the engine I get tiny air bubbles showing up.  

I did some googling (for all of 5 min)   it seems like a head gasket. What do you guys think? Figured I'd ask here before order parts.  

Archived