• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Buy Quality!!

TRUXterra

My front coil overs are Radflo with Eibach springs. I bought them new on a date I'll never forget, Nov 2 2009 (my daughter's B-Day!)! On November 30th, 2012, I processed a claim when I broke a coil spring on the driver's side and they replaced both the passenger's & driver's for free.

I broke another driver's side spring earlier this week. I called, I sent some pictures and now...2 brand new springs are on their way to my house!

drivers 1.5.jpg

drivers 2.jpg

I have to counter a bit.  99.9999999% of the vehicles around don't have a protective coating on their springs and they haven't rusted through.  Even after decades.  ????  From my experience some 'performance stuff isn't made for our climate, just for the big market in SoCal.  Just my opinion!

15 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

I have to counter a bit.  99.9999999% of the vehicles around don't have a protective coating on their springs and they haven't rusted through.  Even after decades.  ????  From my experience some 'performance stuff isn't made for our climate, just for the big market in SoCal.  Just my opinion!

This.

On 21/10/2016 at 6:37 PM, TRUXterra said:

lol, I beat them!

It's the driver's side that breaks and it's because we live in a salt belt. The PC flakes away from the metal and the salt eats the exposed metal to the point of fatigue/failure.

On 22/10/2016 at 0:19 AM, sar4x4 said:

Don't forget that the roads in and around Truro are more akin to a trail, than an actual paved road... that's Devin's "wheeling", :chicken:lol!!:rofl:

lol. I agree with all of the above; merely noting that the lifetime warranty on the springs has held true now on 2 occasions.

Keep in mind these springs are under a lot of pressure: Smaller diameter, tighter wind and compressed more than they probably should be giving 3" lift in the front. Also add a crap ton of extra weight given the mods.

Given all of this, the X rides better than stock.

Archived