• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

M.U.D. 2016 Day 4: Revenge of the Fallen

sar4x4

So, for the first time in M.U.D. history, we failed to complete the second trail of the day on M.U.D. 2016 - Day 3.  In short, I did not pay enough attention to the intelligence that was given to me, that the section overgrown with alders was as bad as it is.  I was hopeful given our previous 8 days of M.U.D. success and a trail clearing day at Renfrew 2-3 years ago.

So, I've heard some interest in working on the trail, I'm considering leading a group in to work at the trail from the other end.  I choose to work from the other end because I believe we can make rewarding progress, that with a bit of work we will hit a couple of technical sections and an option route off of the trail.  Because if we keep working at the trail from the north end as we did on Saturday, we could spend quite a few hours before making considerable progress.

I'm considering a Saturday in Mid-November.  And I probably won't take my truck because it needs too much TLC than I have time to work on at the moment.  But I can drive my car along the logging roads to the trail head.  And throw my chainsaw and lunch in someone else's rig.

Any interest? :arms:

That would be great Josh(?  I'm terrible with names), no power saw needed.  IN GENERAL, there aren't many big windfalls across the trail requiring big chain saw work.  The saws do work great for much of the stuff encroaching from the sides.  However, axes and lopping shears work well, as well as just arms and gloves for moving the debris off to the side!

(Or handing out coffee which I should bring or shuffling trucks up the line or, just bringing good cheer to the group! lol)

When we did this in Renfrew 2-3 years ago it snowed several inches the night before and was a bit wet.  But the sun was out and everyone was cheery!

6 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

That would be great Josh(?  I'm terrible with names), no power saw needed.  IN GENERAL, there aren't many big windfalls across the trail requiring big chain saw work.  The saws do work great for much of the stuff encroaching from the sides.  However, axes and lopping shears work well, as well as just arms and gloves for moving the debris off to the side!

(Or handing out coffee which I should bring or shuffling trucks up the line or, just bringing good cheer to the group! lol)

When we did this in Renfrew 2-3 years ago it snowed several inches the night before and was a bit wet.  But the sun was out and everyone was cheery!

It's Justin, it's all good though tons of new faces and rigs over the last few weeks so it's totally understandable. 

And in any case when all the details are firmed up and im not working I'm game to come help out however. 

4 hours ago, 82Yota said:

I'll come give a hand if someone doesn't mind letting me ride shotgun. Not sure I want to beat on the ole Ford just yet as its my dd

I beat on my old Ford, and it has all winter to daily and plow duty haha, almost lost it to some water tho.

46 minutes ago, 82Yota said:

WTF/FTW! Ill give you $900 and a Ranger for that. You quadruple what you paid for it and you get a free Ranger :P

Bahahaha.... ummmmmm nope..lol here what it looked like when I bought it, with a blown rear end, drove it for a couple of weeks with just the front wheels pulling it, man , the looks I got at the lights when I lit er up haha, only front wheels spinning, told people it was a special order truck , only a handful made, hahah

IMG_20141120_094357387.jpg

12 hours ago, Jawritch said:

It's Justin, it's all good though tons of new faces and rigs over the last few weeks so it's totally understandable. 

First I wrote Jake, and knew that wasn't right.  Then I wrote Josh, and knew it wasn't right, so I stuck the ? in there to show I tried! Lol

Archived