• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

'The Pipeline' is out of bounds

SQRLPWR

There are signs posted on The Pipeline;

"Attention everyone in Nova Scotia.

From here on in, the Pipeline behind the airport should be deemed out of bounds to vehicle traffic.

They have begun a "wetland restoration project"

They have filled in all holes, blocked off side trails and added mounds over the different pipelines. Vehicle traffic is to be restricted. The road through has been smoothed and levelled. There are numerous signs requesting restricted use. Anyone caught and deemed in violation can face heavy fines.

Please everyone respect this endeavour. They are putting in alot of effort to restore this land. I believe they want no traffic even on the road portion back there.

"

14462932_10155215054798056_1477988209947451354_n.jpg

Lots of folks may say we're losing trails.  Yes, to some extent.  But many of the trails 4x4 folks used in the 90's are still here.  And we've been having great luck with new trails and the M.U.D. events.  And I have more ideas.  So, I'm not glum!

• 3 weeks later...

That's what happens when the trail becomes to popular. When 4 different clubs are running it, some of the multiple times in a summer.

Number one reason I keep new trail finds to myself or to a very small circle these days. They get over used and shut down.

There is a lot of truth in that, Tyler.  There seemed to be several, and I mean several, runs last weekend alone.  Some of the trails we use for our M.U.D. runs seem pretty quiet though.  Most people have never heard of them before, we were the first to take trucks through even! And I don't think many folks have gone since.  If any at all. 

I suspect the environmental restoration of the Pipeline was always 'on the books' though.  It's pretty standard fare for construction projects. 

I find the off-road fad comes and goes.  Back 25 years ago big trucks on 40's were everywhere in the woods.  Then it died down.  Now there is a plethora of rigs, and in particular Jeeps.

I hope the sport stays strong and we have enough trails to have fun.................

Archived