• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser

David Groman

This is an 80 series Land Cruiser, known as the most durable, dependable, capable, and easy-to-work-on overland expedition vehicle ever made.  Needs a new head-gasket and air conditioning compressor, otherwise mechanically sound and a great vehicle to be transformed into an “off road” or “mud rooting” SUV.  This is one of the last model year for low end 4WD engaging both differentials (they don’t make them like this anymore).  New radiator, new set of tires, additional studded winter tires on rims, and extra parts.  Needs some body work but nothing serious.           $ 2500.  Phone Dave at 902-675-2281 (H) or email [email protected] .

20160709_160404.jpg

20160709_160350.jpg

20160709_160428.jpg

As a Toyota owner myself, I would like to compliment you on your truck as these are pretty nice. However, $2500 is a little steep for something that needs bodywork, a head gasket and a AC compressor.

Good luck with the sale though

2 hours ago, David Groman said:

This is an 80 series Land Cruiser, known as the most durable, dependable, capable, and easy-to-work-on overland expedition vehicle ever made.  Needs a new head-gasket and air conditioning compressor, otherwise mechanically sound and a great vehicle to be transformed into an “off road” or “mud rooting” SUV.  This is one of the last model year for low end 4WD engaging both differentials (they don’t make them like this anymore).  New radiator, new set of tires, additional studded winter tires on rims, and extra parts.  Needs some body work but nothing serious.           $ 2500.  Phone Dave at 902-675-2281 (H) or email [email protected] .

20160709_160404.jpg

20160709_160350.jpg

20160709_160428.jpg

Is it diesel or gas? Why do you think it needs a head gasket? And what type of body work does it need, ie: floor pans, rocker sills, major welding or just some blisters and paint? and is it currently inspected on the road or if not how long ago. Also where is it located? Thanks in advance

This is a Gas straight six engine, needs head gasket according to my garage man. Body work needed would be some exterior painting around windscreen, tailgate and the running boards along the

sides only.  No major welding needed.  Currently inspected for road in PEI and registered. Located at Cornwall Auto parking lot in Cornwall PEI.  Can get it towed by CAA up to 160 kilometers from sight if necessary.

6 hours ago, 82Yota said:

As a Toyota owner myself, I would like to compliment you on your truck as these are pretty nice. However, $2500 is a little steep for something that needs bodywork, a head gasket and a AC compressor.

Good luck with the sale though

Outside of the head gasket issue, the asking price is not overly steep at all... I have seen rusted out pieces of s**t that were far worse in their pictures than this for more money... 

On 28/08/2016 at 4:00 PM, David Groman said:

This is a Gas straight six engine, needs head gasket according to my garage man. Body work needed would be some exterior painting around windscreen, tailgate and the running boards along the

sides only.  No major welding needed.  Currently inspected for road in PEI and registered. Located at Cornwall Auto parking lot in Cornwall PEI.  Can get it towed by CAA up to 160 kilometers from sight if necessary.

OK, thanks, if it was Diesel it would be already sitting in my yard 

3 hours ago, David Groman said:

Could be swapped out for a Diesel, check for engines at this parts shop in New Hampshire USA:  http://www.cruiserparts.net/

Bahahaha, anything can be swapped out!  If I go to the trouble to swap a diesel engine into something it will be a Cummins and also be coupled to a 8LL trans. I'm not ready to take on another project of sourcing parts and components, I got a yard full of that stuff already waiting on stuff, although the suburban gathering is almost complete between 3 trucks. 

Just saying, if it were diesel id have already bought it from you for a quick repair and be driving it within a couple of days, but I don't need any more gas trucks. 

Good luck with your sale, It will go, it's a fair price I think, but would br a great price it it were Diesel :cheers:

Archived